Tuesday 2 July 2013

Spring birds nests.

A few weeks back, I set myself a project of finding some birds nests and getting some interesting footage. Here I have two videos. One is of a male great spotted woodpecker visiting the nest with food and the other a pair of nuthatches visiting their nest. In both of the nests the chicks were still quite young and if you listen closely to the nuthatch video you can hear the chicks calling. I hope you enjoy my videos !

 
Here is the male great spotted woodpecker visiting the nest. You can tell that it is a male woodpecker
because of the distinctive red mark on the back of his head which the females doesn't have.
On here, one of the nuthatches visits the nest with food and passes it down to the other nuthatch
who is in the nest and it then feeds it to the chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment